To apply for a national visa, the following documents have to be provided by the applicant. Documents that are not presented either in German or English have to be submitted together with a translation into German or English by a certified translator.
Laminated documents are not accepted.
You are required to submit a copy of every provided original document. Incomplete applications may be denied.
- Two completely filled-in and signed application forms. Please use the VIDEX national application form in order to speed up the application process and to reduce your waiting time.
- Two recent biometrical passport photographs with a bright background (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). The photos have to show the facial features from the chin to the hairline as well as the left and right half of the face: sample chart for passport photos
- A valid passport or other valid travel document as well as a copy of the first and all stamped pages. Please note that the passport/travel document has to be valid for at least three months after the end of the intended journey
- Ethiopian ID-Card (original and two copies)
- Birth certificate (original and two copies)
- Au-Pair contract (original and two copies). This contract should contain the following information:
⬜ Exact identification of the contracting parties
⬜ General duties of the host parents and the au-pair
⬜ Agreement about a monthly pocket money of 280 EUR
⬜ Commitment of the host parents to conclude an insurance for the au-pair covering illness, pregnancy and birth as well as accident
⬜ Commitment of the host parents to support the participation in German language courses with a contribution of 50 Euro per month
⬜ Agreement about the working hours:
> max. 6 hours per day
> max. 30 hours per week
> at least 2 work days holidays per month
- Proof of German language proficiency (A1 language certificate or higher (original and two copies)); When applying for the visa, oral language proficiency will be tested;
- Ethiopian school leaving certificate (original and two copies)
- Detailed CV (original and two copies);
- Motivational letter (original and two copies);
Please find the Embassy's address here.
For questions beyond the detailed information provided on the website, please contact the visa section via the contact form.