Checklist Visas for skilled Employees
Employees with different professions, © colourbox.de
List of supporting documents to be presented by applicants for national visas in Ethiopia
To apply for a national visa, the following documents have to be provided by the applicant. Documents that are not presented either in German or English have to be submitted together with a translation into German or English by a certified translator.
Laminated documents are not accepted.
You are required to submit a copy of every original document provided. Incomplete applications may be denied.
- Two completely filled and signed application forms. Please use the VIDEX long term application form in order to speed up the application process and to reduce your waiting time.
- Two recent biometrical passport photographs with a bright background (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). The photos have to show the facial features from the chin to the hairline as well as the left and right half of the face: sample chart for passport photos
- A valid passport or other valid travel document as well as a copy of the first and all stamped pages. Please note that the passport/travel document has to be valid for at least three months after the end of the intended journey
- Ethiopian ID-Card (original and two copies)
- Civil birth certificate (original and two copies)
- Work contract (original and two copies). This contract should contain the following information:
⬜ exact identification of the contracting parties
⬜ place of work
⬜ work conditions, working hours
⬜ time frame of the contract
⬜ specific duties
⬜ job description
- Consent of the German Federal Employment Agency (may be obtained beforehand);
- Proof of submission to the commercial register of the company/organisation
- Ethiopian school leaving certificate, proof of previous academic studies / professional training (original and two copies)
- Proof of work experience (original and two copies)
- Detailed CV (original and two copies)
- If applicable civil marriage certificate and civil birth certificate of children (original and two copies)
- Valid health insurance
- Visa fees of € 75,- (payable in ETB at the Embassy’s exchange rate at the time of the application)
During the appointment, digital finger prints of all fingers will be taken.
Please find the Embassy's address here.
For questions beyond the detailed information provided on the website, please contact the visa section via the contact form.