Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
To apply for a national visa, the following documents have to be provided by the applicant. Documents that are not presented either in German or English have to be submitted together with a translation into German or English by a certified translator.
- Laminated documents are not accepted.
- You are required to submit one copy of every provided original document. Copies that are damaged or stapled are not accepted.
- Incomplete applications may be denied.
The EU Blue Card, like all longer-term residence permits, is issued exclusively by the relevant foreigners authority in Germany. As a requirement you must first apply for a national visa at the Embassy.
General information on the EU Blue Card is available from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees website at www.bamf.de and from the portal for qualified professionals www.make-it-in-germany.com.
The following documents are required for your application
- One completely filled and signed application form. Please use the VIDEX long term application form in order to speed up the application process and to reduce your waiting time.
- One recent biometrical passport photograph with a bright background (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm). The photo has to show the facial features from the chin to the hairline as well as the left and right half of the face: sample chart for passport photos
- A valid passport or other valid travel document as well as one copy of the first and all stamped pages. Please note that the passport/travel document has to be valid for at least three months after the end of the intended journey
- Ethiopian ID-Card (original and one copy)
- Civil birth certificate (original and one copy)
- Curriculum vitae of professional career, including certificates, diplomas, etc. (original and one copy)
- German university degree or recognised foreign degree comparable to a German degree (original and one copy)
- Contract/binding job offer with details of gross annual salary (original and one copy)
- Visa fees of € 75,- (payable in ETB at the Embassy’s exchange rate at the time of the application)
During the appointment, digital finger prints of all fingers will be taken.
Please find the Embassy's address here.
For questions beyond the detailed information provided on the website, please contact the visa section via the contact form.